Sunday, February 23, 2014

The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis

This was our next stop on our trip through Narnia.  For this book, we went back to the beginning to see how Narnia was created.  I prefer to read this one second when I read the whole series as I think it helps to know what happens in "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" before you read this one. That was confirmed for me when I saw the looks on the kids faces when they found out that Digory grows up to be the Professor in "The Lion...".  They were so excited.

There are some really funny parts in this book, like when the White Witch invades London, or when Uncle Andrew is planted like a tree in the new land of Narnia.  It's interesting to see how the White Witch leaves the land of Charn and ends up in Narnia, causing trouble.

All in all, we loved this book.  The kids are loving the series and I'm loving reading it again with their first-time enthusiasm.  Next we will read, "A Horse and His Boy" and then work the rest of the way through the series as they're numbered.

No comments:

Post a Comment